Division Main Line: (209) 525-6406
The Payroll Division currently provides biweekly paychecks to approximately 4,500 County employees. Payments must be consistent with all Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) provisions, State and Federal laws and pay practices negotiated with unions representing various bargaining units.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Withhold both mandatory and voluntary deductions.
- Withhold earnings payable to various creditors and agencies for garnishments, Federal and State tax levies and child support.
- Process employee reimbursements
for professional development and for authorized travel expenses such
as meal and mileage.
- Provide technical and support services for all system users. Examples of technical support include:
- Application support for the Oracle/PeopleSoft HRMS system for the Human
Resources, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Time and Labor, and Training and Tracking
- Security Administration for the Oracle/PeopleSoft HRMS system.
- Technical support for the Auditor-Controller’s internet and intranet websites.
Annual Tax Letter to Employees
Request for Duplicate W-2