Untitled Document
Stanislaus County
Clerk Recorder
Department Navigational Bar
Clerk Recorder Homepage
Registrar of Voters Homepage
Clerk »
Department Overview
Elected Officials / Statement of Economic Interest [PDF]
Forms »
Office Closures & Reduced Staff Days[PDF]
Recorders »
Vital Records »
Stanislaus County Home
Your Title
  • How do I legally change my name? How do I add a parent to a birth record?

To legally change a name, or add, or change a parent on a birth record requires a court order. To add a parent does not always need a court order.  If the father is willing to sign an Acknowledgment of Paternity, no court order is required. For further information, contact the Stanislaus County Court Clerk at 209-558-6000 or your legal advisor.  Or go to their website: www.stanct.org for information.
« Back to homepage
© Copyright Stanislaus County all rights reserved