Department Volunteer Coordinators
Administration of the County's Volunteer Program is decentralized. Departmental volunteer programs vary considerably in size, scope, services, complexity, and practice. Don’t see a volunteer opportunity? Refer to the list of Department Volunteer Coordinators and call the department you are interested in volunteering for.
Some of the typical duties of a Volunteer Coordinator are to:
- Plan, develop, oversee, and implement the Department Volunteer Program;
- Recruit volunteers by posting volunteer openings on Volunteer Match;
- Maintain and update job descriptions for volunteer opportunities;
- Select, orient, train, and evaluate volunteers;
- Ensure that volunteers comply with rules and regulations;
- Evaluate existing volunteer programs;
- Maintain volunteer files with appropriate paperwork and policy acknowledgement form;
- Create and maintain the Volunteer’s personal information in PeopleSoft;
- Create and maintain the Volunteer’s job information in PeopleSoft;
- Maintain attendance records and enter timesheets into PeopleSoft;
- Plan and coordinate volunteer recognition ceremonies; and
- Compile periodic statistical reports for the Chief Executive Office.
Contact Information for Department Volunteer Coordinators:
Volunteer Program Coordinator
The Volunteer Program Coordinator collaborates with the Department Volunteer Coordinators to set goals and actions for the successful implementation of the County Volunteer Program. A program that is well planned and executed and offers meaningful volunteer opportunities lays the groundwork for successful recruitment.
The Chief Executive Office Human Resources (HR) Division provides direction, coordination, and support of department Volunteer Coordinators through the County Volunteer Program. Some of the typical duties of the Chief Executive Office - Human Resource Division is to:
- Assist with the development and coordination of all Countywide volunteer programs;
- Coordinate periodic meetings of all County Volunteer Coordinators. At these meetings, information is presented about the latest developments in the administration of the County Volunteer Program;
- Consult with departments on special problems, policy, and new volunteer opportunities;
- Develop Countywide recruitment and promotional campaigns for the strengthening, maintenance, and expansion of County volunteer programs;
- Develop and recommend County policies and procedures relating to Countywide volunteer programs; and
- Coordinate the annual Volunteer Recognition Awards.
For more information on the Volunteer Program please contact:
Marnie Ardis - Associate Management Consultant
Chief Executive Office - Human Resources Division
1010 10th Street Place, Modesto, California 95354
(209) 525-6333 Fax: (209) 544-6226